Friday, April 04, 2008

AMONGST NO ONE


is this really happening again?
do i really have the fortitude to go through this process one more time?
it all seems to be falling into place so easily
when two people can have so much in common
enjoy the complex nature of each other in such a simple manner
enjoying being together as much as we do.
and yet i wonder am i looking for too much too soon
as i sit here in front of the cool hum of the monitor
as you enjoy the company of others on a friday night.
and i remind myself that you are not HER
and that SHE is long gone
that I am better for it.
for youll be here soon
and i will be the better person for it
per usual.

and i remind myself again the images burned into my retinas
those of your caribbean sea blue eyes
your impeccable porcelain complexion
the perfect entangle of dark chocolate tresses
and how my hands get lost in them so easily
the sight of you laughing uncontrollably at my idiotic attempts at humor
and all at once i am well content
as i fall ever controlled into the light abyss that is a new union
and my hand loosens its grip on the release for the safety chute
once and for all.

ive yet to thank you for that
and can only hope that for as long as we both wish it to be
ill spend everyday
telling you in my own quirky and fumbling way
how much i appreciate you showing me
that i can fall again
and not get hurt in the inevitable landing.

2 comments:

kitty ramone said...

yay, youre back!

good luck, hope all works out for you.

ac.e said...

It's about time!